We’ve been enjoying some citrus of late, mostly oranges but other fruits too. We save the peels in containers in the fridge and then put them to use in a bunch of ways. No sense in letting any of it go to waste, especially when you consider the price of organic citrus – waste not, want not.
In case you were curious about ways to use up your citrus peel consider the following choices:
- Dry the peel, either by leaving it sit next to the stove or in a dehydrator and toss the peel into your tea for an added flavor boost
- Candied peel is a favorite snack around here
- Grind dried peel and make some homemade scouring powder
- Toss some into your woodstove for a little added scent or simmer some in water for a lovely potpourri
- Use the zest to make citrus finishing salts
What is your favorite way to use citrus peel?