One of my favorite snacks is a sliced apple with some peanut butter slathered onto the slices. With that snack in mind, yesterday I dug some apple slices out of the freezer and got to experimenting with some muffins. This was the end result and pretty darn yummy. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free for those of you who need it, even if you don’t need it you’ll find these filling and a nice thing to stick into your lunch box.
Apple Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened, Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Milk Alternative (Soy, Coconut, Almond, Rice, etc.)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Peeled, Cored, & Diced Apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- Blend together the peanut butter, applesauce, maple syrup, and milk alternative.
- Mix together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Pour this into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tin. Fill the cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 10 muffins